Pliant Therapeutics Reports Positive Interim Results from Phase 2a PET Imaging Clinical Trial in Patients with Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis
Excerpt from the Press Release:
– Single dose administration of PLN-74809 achieved αvβ6 target engagement up to 98% in the lungs of IPF patients
– All doses achieved target engagement above the threshold for predicted anti-fibrotic activity, with an observed dose-response relationship
– PLN-74809 reached highly fibrotic regions of the lung and was bound to αvβ6 in IPF patients
– Data provide insight into potential anti-fibrotic activity of PLN-74809 at the doses being evaluated in the ongoing Phase 2a INTEGRIS-IPF trial
– Company to host conference call and webcast today at 8:00 a.m. ET
SOUTH SAN FRANCISCO, Calif., Sept. 07, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Pliant Therapeutics, Inc. (Nasdaq: PLRX), a clinical stage biotechnology company focused on discovering and developing novel therapeutics for the treatment of fibrosis, today announced positive interim results from a Phase 2a positron emission tomography (PET) imaging-based clinical trial of PLN-74809, an oral small molecule dual selective inhibitor of αvβ6/αvβ1, in patients with idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (IPF). Across four dose levels, all patients achieved greater than 50% target engagement after a single dose of PLN-74809. Target engagement of 50% was previously established in a Phase 1b trial as the threshold for predicted clinical anti-fibrotic effect. In addition, there was a dose- and plasma concentration-dependent response with the two highest doses approaching target saturation.
“We believe the high target engagement levels seen after the administration of just a single dose illustrate the potential of PLN-74809 to show a potent anti-fibrotic effect in our longer-term clinical trials,” said Éric Lefebvre, M.D., Chief Medical Officer of Pliant Therapeutics. “Furthermore, these data represent a significant step forward in our understanding of the potential anti-fibrotic activity of PLN-74809 and support the selected doses in our ongoing 12-week Phase 2a INTEGRIS-IPF trial.”
Click the button below to read the entire Press Release:
Discover What Sets TrialStat Apart From Ordinary Data Management
Click the image or button below to explore our interactive infographic which illustrates the comprehensive and unique capabilities of the TrialStat eClinical Suite.
Request Your Demo Today!
From rapid database build through database lock, we deliver consistent quality on-time and on-budget. Ready to upgrade your eClinical toolkit?